Selling translation rights for our clients successfully
We treat placing our authors’ work with publishers around the world as a priority at the heart of the agency’s service. We maintain a very large number of relationships with editors in publishing houses in other countries through attendance at major rights fairs, international literary festivals, and dedicated sales trips overseas.
Our rights director
Sam Edenborough brings more than twenty years of experience to the role. From the earliest stages of a book’s development, he works with his colleagues to help maximise the potential for successful rights sales, harnessing his knowledge of the international markets. We take a precise and nuanced approach to offering our authors’ works to the right editors in the right publishing houses, selling directly in a number of languages and working closely with our co-agents in other markets. Once we have negotiated the best possible terms, we nurture and develop authors’ relationships with their editors and support both author and publisher during the publication process.
Representing rights for partner agencies and publishers
In addition to the agency’s authors, Greyhound Literary is proud to represent translation rights for the following clients:
- The Cheney Agency (New York): in the Scandinavian languages;
- Regal Hoffmann & Associates (New York): in Dutch, Estonian, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian and the Scandinavian languages;
- Duckworth Books (London): in all languages except English throughout the world;
- Nicci French (Sean French & Nicci Gerrard) on behalf of United Agents: in all languages except English throughout the world.
We sell rights directly in the majority of languages, and work closely with a network of specialist co-agencies in others, as follows:
- Albanian, Bulgarian, Macedonian: Anthea Literary Agency
- Chinese, Indonesian, Thai, Vietnamese: Grayhawk Agency
- Croatian, Hungarian: ANA Budapest
- Czech, Slovak & Slovene: ANA Prague
- Japanese (non-exclusive): Tuttle Mori Agency / Japan Uni Agency / English Agency (Japan)
- Korean (non-exclusive): EYA / Shinwon
- Polish: Book/lab
- Russian: Van Lear Agency
- Turkish: AnatoliaLit
For any translation rights enquiries, please contact Sam.